Sunday 23 August 2015

Chinese Takeaway - Royal Dynasty

Parents were away so me and my little sister treated ourselves to a takeaway (we never have take away when parents are home) so ordered in a Chinese take away from just eat. http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-royaldynasity-nr3/menu 


They had the standard array of food available from a Chinese but me and my sister opted for the set ment B for 2.

Spring roll (2)
Sweet & sour chicken ball (10)
Chicken with mushroom
Special fried rice (2)(medium) 

That came to £14.50 and £1.50 delivery. Usually I don't like paying for delivery but there didn't seem to be any better options for a Sunday which was surprising and £8 each wasn't too bad for what we got, but I have had cheaper. 



The chicken balls were alright however ...
I have had nicer from else where as the batter was a little soft underneath but the outside was nice and crispy, but then again I have had worse. The sweet and sour dip was as standard, far to much food colouring and looking artificial. We got two portions of rice which had a good range of prawns, chicken and beef in, but at the end of the day it was just rice. The chicken and mushroom went well with the rice and got plenty of chicken and mushrooms as there should be. It came in a sause with carrots which gave the dish some flavour. The spring roll (battered item, top right of photo) was very strange, I personally didn't think that it needed to be battered and I would of rather had a normal filo spring roll, as the chicken ball were battered as well. The spring rolls had plenty of filling which was brilliant but like the chicken balls the batter was a little soft underneath. We also had complimentary prawn cracker, but I'm not a huge fan of takeaway cracker as never quite as nice as shop bought ones.

Overall me and my sister could not finish all this food (I know many who could though).  We enjoyed this takeaway although I personally thought of it as a very average takeaway but did feel very full afterward. 

Not all food can be amazing unfortunately, sometimes it's just average. 

Keep loving food 
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment