Sunday 30 August 2015

The Ferry Inn


(Used a picture from markee13 off trip advisor to show the restaurant from across the river, all other photographs are my own.)

Went here for dinner with my grandparents, sister and other relatives for a carvery which was a nice change as haven't had one in ages. Although this was a little out of the way, about 30 minute drive from Norwich through Wroxham, it is in a lovely place for a drink or meal by the river.

More about the Ferry Inn below...





Had a good view of all the boats going past and some wildlife as well. Nice to see some boats moored by the restaurant, so seems a popular place to come too. A smallish car park but can fit about 20 or so cars.


Their website http://horningferry.co.uk/ 

We all had the carvery which had a brilliant selection, they had four types of meat (gammon, turkey, beef and can't remember the forth) and five types of pies to have as a main and range of vegetables along side roast potatoes, new potatoes, mash and Yorkshire puddings. There was also stuffing, sausages, Garvey and sauces.
All for the price of £8.99 (I believe) grandparents payed but saw a sign saying this price.

It's a one trip sorta thing!

So piled my plate nice and high... And yes I did eat it all! And then some off my sister's plate.

The gammon was gorgeous, melt in the mouth type of meat, Yorkshire puddings tasted like standard packet ones and the potatoes were a bit herb-y for my taste but weren't horrible. Over all a very nice Carvery, so filling and if I was out that way again I would go here again, but would book as got very busy about 6/7pm (we sat at are table at 5.30 so missed the mad rush).

On a side note I have wanted to try Bulmers blood orange cider since I saw it was released and finally got round to trying it today and I have to saw it was very nice and you could taste the orange but was not over powering which made it a very refreshing drink, shame the WIN on the label didn't sparkle as I took this photograph.


Keep Loving Food
Karen 





No comments:

Post a Comment